Treatment for Human Tick Bites
Bitten by a tick? Tick bites on humans, are actually more common than you would think. In some areas like Australia, they are widespread in bush areas.
There are natural remedies that can help prevent infection and reduce inflammation.
There are also alternative ways to remove ticks from your skin; this will prevent the fluids inside the tick from entering your skin.
Have a look at some pictures of tick bites on humans for identification of a bite.
The first tick bite photo, is taken of the back of a toddlers head; the other Tick bite picture is of a man’s arm who has contacted Lyme disease. (Share your tick bite photos below.)
So what is a Normal Tick Bite Reaction?
Typical Tick Bite Symptoms:
* A Small bump.
* Tick bite itch and burning.
* Small tick bite blisters are also commonly found.
* Tick bite bruises may appear with healing.
* Headaches after tick bite are common.
* Slight fever and muscle pain.
A Lyme Tick Bite
NB: Look out for signs of Lyme Disease; if you see any indication of this, you will need to get to a doctor immediately.
Symptoms of a Lyme Disease tick bite include:
* High Tick bite fever and sometimes vomiting.
* A red circle around the bite, otherwise known as a Bullseye tick bite.
* A tick bite rash that spreads is usually a sign of Lyme disease.
* Confusion and/ or heart palpitations.
Tick Bite Care and how to Remove the Tick:
Do not just pull at the tick, you need to be especially careful, as not to leave the tick’s head beneath your skin; this can cause an infected tick bite and can also increase your risk of contracting a number of tick bite diseases.
There are things you can do to encourage the tick to fall off on its own; instead of pulling at it. (Mentioned below)
When you remove a tick, always put tissue paper between your fingers, so that you are not in direct contact with it. Try to stay as close to the tick’s head as possible and away from the fat body. If you press on the fat body of the tick, it could cause some of the infected liquid inside the tick to be transferred into your skin.
Do not twist the tick, this will just break the body from the head, leaving the head attached.
Keep the tick in a safe place, in case you need to show it to your doctor later for identification.
Wash the wound and your hands well, with soap and hot water before looking into any tick bite treatment.
later you notice that you have a tick bite infection, you can apply an
antiseptic ointment. You can also try some natural ways of treating tick
bites on humans mentioned below.
Natural Remedies for Tick Bites on Humans
Topical and internal for relief:
* Apple Cider Vinegar Tick Remedy: This is especially great for a tick bite that is struggling to heal. All you need to do it dip an ear bun in the ACV and then place it on the wound. You can do this a few times per day; the wound should heal within 3 to 4 days.
* Garlic: Garlic can be applied to the wound for quick healing and it can be taken as a supplement to heal from within. Garlic is a powerful natural antibiotic and has great antiseptic properties.
* Tea Tree Oil Tick Bites Treatment: Can help to relieve some itching.
* Cold Compress: An ice pack can be applied to the area as often as needed to relieve pain and itching.
Home Remedies for Tick Removal
* DMSO (Dimethyl sulfoxide): This solution is often used on horses to get rid of ticks; if applied directly on the tick, the tick will die straight away (takes about 3 minutes). Make sure to wash the solution off with water immediately afterwards. It can cause some skin irritation, if you have sensitive skin. This substance is often used with Aloe Vera to alleviate burning and itching as well.
* Bicarbonate of Soda: Small ticks
are difficult to remove; this is a great way to get them to fall off.
Take a long soak in a warm bath of bicarbonate of soda. Put at least a
cup of Bicarb into the bathtub.
Tick Bite Prevention
* Spray yourself with a natural repellant before going out to places that you know have ticks. Natural tick repellent spray: Put a combination of water, few drops of lavender oil and citronella into a spray bottle.
* If you are going to be walking out in the bush, it is always best to wear long sleeves and pants. You can also tuck your pants into your socks to prevent the ticks from getting to your skin.
* Tumble dry your clothing on a high heat after being in these areas where you may have come into contact with ticks, this will ensure that any ticks on your clothing are dead.
* If you have a tick infestation, it is best to keep grass and bushes short.
* Keep your pets off of furniture and beds in your home.
Share your tick bite pictures, or ask any tick bite and Lyme Disease questions…
Do you have something to share about this?
Click below to see contributions from other visitors to this page...
bathe well immediately with Nit
I had a dog jump up to greet me several yrs ago. Awhile later I started to itch. I have never itches so bad in my entire life! Ever!!!! I went to Immediate …
I live alone. I was bitten by something while I was outside in my grass 2 or 3 days ago. Later on this area has become uncomfortably itchy. The area …
tic imbedded in my fat
I moved some lumber, a day later my side was sore. Thinking I caught cold. But I touched the spot ,thinking it was a mole. Still later I did look. …
I am often bitten by ticks when gardening, but one day after a few hours in the garden, i sat down to watch the tv that evening and felt something itchy …