Types Of Psoriasis
If you are looking for alternative medication for psoriasis, you can find our
natural remedies here.
Psoriasis is a common skin problem. It is an immune
problem that affects the rate at which skin cells are replaced. The
rapid growth of cells results in scaly, dry painful patches of skin.
Psoriasis is usually a long lasting disease and can bother a person
their whole life long. Some people may suffer from more than one type of
Psoriasis at once.
Types of psoriasis
1. Plaque Psoriasis. ( Psoriasis vulgaris )
- This is the most commonly found type of psoriasis. 90% of people who have psoriasis have this type of psoriasis.
- The skin is usually red with white silvery flaky skin. The affected areas may crack and bleed.
The patches are more commonly found on the knees, elbows, trunk and
scalp. Not commonly found as facial psoriasis fortunately.
- Chronic Plaque Psoriasis usually stays for many years and does not easily disappear.
2. Guttate Psoriasis.
- Found in about 2% of all persons with Psoriasis
- These are found as small pink spots. The spots are also dry with scales on them.
- This type of Psoriasis is usually found on the trunk, legs and arms but can be found anywhere on the body.
- Psoriasis Guttate usually goes away after a few weeks
- Usually found in persons younger than 30 years.
- Gutate psoriasis is mostly triggered by a step throat infection or skin injury.
- Guttate psoriasis treatment should be done before anemia or fever results.
3. Pustular Psoriasis
- This is not a very common found form of psoriais
- Persons with this type of psoriasis have raised pus filled bumps.
- Usually comes with fever symptoms, nausea, headaches and even joint pain.
- Usually found on the feet, fingertips and hands.
- It occurs as a result of an irritation such as an infection or sensitivity to some medications.
4. Inverse Psoriasis
( flexural psoriasis )
- Inverse psoriasis is found under skin folds like under the breasts, armpits, groin area or under tummy folds.
- These areas are usually terribly inflamed due to skin rubbing together and sweat found in these areas.
- This type of psoriasis needs to be treated immediately as it can cause other problems like fungal or
yeast infections. (Other causes of yeast infections)
- Commonly found in overweight people.
5. Nail psoriasis
- Up to 55% of people with psoriasis will have nail psoriasis as well.
- Symptoms include: Blood under the nail plate, small indents on the top of the nail, discoloration.
The skin under the nail can sometimes thicken to such a point, that it
actually lifts the nail right off. In severe cases the nail itself will
just crumble away.
Read more about nail psoriasis here
6. Scalp psoriasis
- Psoriasis of the scalp is often confused with seborrheic dermatitis
- Can appear beyond the hair line.
- Read more on scalp psoriasis here
7. Psoriatic arthritis
- Arthritis psoriasis is a combination of psoriasis and join inflammation.
- Psoriasis arthritis affects about 8% of people with psoriasis
8. Erythrodermic Psoriasis
- This is the least common form of Psoriasis
- This type of psoriasis can cover most of the body's skin
- The skin will look inflamed and red, like one very big rash
- The extra blood flow can cause great strain on the heart. This condition can be fatal.
- Other problems associated with this: infection, fever and dehydration.
Other pages on remedies-for-skin in connection with types of psoriasis
- Healing psoriasis with coconut oil
- Alternative medication for psoriasis.
- Symptoms of Psoriasis.
- Causes of Psoriasis.
- Photos of Psoriasis.
- Scalp psoriasis.
- Colloidal Silver
Have a question on psoriasis types?
Leave your thoughts or advice...
Do you have something to share about this?